Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Step-by-Step Wednesday 1-8-14

Wednesday, January 8, 2014.

WOW!! Another change on the Cuttin' and Stampin' Blog.  We will be featuring a project each Wednesday with a picture tutorial showing the different step we've taken to create the project.  

This week we are working with Christmas paper and creating a Non-Christmas item.  I  have to tell you that the Bazzill Believe paper line was really great to work with.   I started with a Buttermint card base cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and created a top folding A2 card. My second layer cut out of Chili was 4" x 5 1/2".   The Woodgrain paper was cut at 3 3/4" x 4"  and a strip at 1".

I took the 1" strip of woodgrain paper and stamped it with the sentiment from Paper Smooches Salutation in Versamark ink and then used black embossing powder.

Then I used a heart die cut from spellbinders to create the cut in my larger woodgrain piece.

Once the first heart was cut, I left the die in place and removed the cut piece.  I made sure the die stayed in place and the cut line stayed lined up with the opening.  
I then put it on top of the Chili paper piece and used my craft knife to cut out around the inside of the die.  I wanted a little bit of the red to show through before you see the off white card base. 
I went back to my black embossing powder and the Paper Smooches We Connect stamp set to add the Mr. and Mrs. to the front of the card.

The final few steps was to stamp the ampersand in the middle of the heart.  Then I used one layer of foam tape on the back of the Chilli card stock and attached it to the card base.  I then added a layer of foam tape to the back of my fist sentiment piece, cut the end off into a flag shape and attached it. 


So here's my final card.  A little different than what I first envisioned, but not to bad.  I keep thinking I need to add something to it, but the baker's twine hasn't been uncovered yet and I didn't want to add flowers.  I'm sure the new couple will enjoy it just the way it is.

I hope you enjoyed this photo tutorial on how I created this card.  We will be featuring a tutorial every Wednesday.  If there's something you would like to learn about, leave me a note and I'll see what we can do to help you out.

If you feel inspired to create something using Christmas paper in a Non-Christmas fashion, you have until Monday January 13, 2014 to enter your project.  Just go HERE to check out the details.  

Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. That is one wonderful wood look creation - thanks for the step by step - have a happy day Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers on this cards. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layers! All the new changes are fabulous!
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this.
    Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete