Saturday, December 28, 2013

Challenge #51 - Use your Left Overs - Saturday

#51
Challenge: Anything goes using your Left Overs

December 24th - 30th, 2013

Hello Everyone.  Tammy here with a lot going on this week at Cuttin' and Stampin'.  We are working on adding more types of projects to bring to you.   As many of you know I tore apart my craftroom and decided it was time to finish it properly.  So I've been crafting in the kitchen.  Who needs to eat right?

 We want to start giving you some step by step instructions on how we create our projects.  Today I'm working with Craffiti Direct and showcasing the Music stamp set.  

Here's what I started with.  Bazzill Basic Paper in Avicado.  The pattern paper is from the Bazzill Countdown to Christmas.  The Craffiti Direct Music stamp set.  Versamark Clear ink and Black embossing powder.  I used  my 1" circle punch, Stampin' Up label punch and and oval die cut.  Close to My Heart Liquid glass and Memento Ivy Garden ink.



I cut the card base at 4 1/4 x 11 and folded it in half.  I cut the printed paper to 4 x 5 1/4.  I brushed the cream card stock with my powder bag.  Then I stamped the cream paper with the Versamark ink and used the black embossing powder for the piano keyboard and main label.  


I tried stamping the three words in cream ink. Then in versamark ink and used white embossing powder.  In the end, I liked the black embossing powder on the green paper. 


I punched the smaller words out with the circle punch and the happiness with an oval metal die. I used the Memento Garden Ivy to go around all the edges of the elements. I then took some black baker's twin and and strung them together to look like they are dangling from the label like charms.  Then tied a bow on the top.  After it was all glued together, I covered the green "charms" with some Liquid Glass so they would be nice and shinny.  

Here's the final card.  


Tell me what you think of the tutorial and way I can make them better to help you the reader.  

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on January 3, 2014.

Please link your projects HERE.

5 comments:

  1. very cute card! Love your step by step directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute love the use of leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for sharing both the cute card and the tutorial.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute! Love the piano! Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete