Thursday, May 9, 2013

Weekly Challenge # 18 - Thursday


#18
Challenge:   Mother's Day 

Dates:  May 6 - May 11,  2013

As it turns out, many of us have moms far away.   And remember, cards for Mother's Day aren't just for our mom... it's for other moms in our lives like grandmothers, mothers-in-law, and so forth.   I am lucky to say that I won the mother-in-law lottery.  She's gracious and supportive and a bundle of energy.  I wish she lived closer.  Here's a card I sent to her.


I'm a big fan of the very pretty, soft floral patterns from this BoBunny collection.   The clear button was tied first with silk ribbon and then adhered with a generous dollop of Glossy Accents (any tape or glue dot would show through).  The faux stitching was done with a white Signo gel pen.

As much as I like the faux stitching technique, I'm happy to say that I don't need to go faux anymore.  I took a sewing class on Sunday and am no longer afraid of my untouched sewing machine. Yeay!  I'll definitely be sewing on cards in the future.  I even brought some cardstock with me to class and tried sewing on it.

We'd love you to link up and join our challenge!

Please make sure your blog posts has a link back to us.  

Click here to enter your creations.

2 comments:

  1. Wow your card is soooo pretty! TFS.
    D- dmcardmaker (AOL)
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - I love the soft colors!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete